Shelf Full of Books

But Aren’t I Lucky That by Deanna Beech

But Aren't I Lucky That - Deanna Beech,Steven Lester

But Aren’t I Lucky That is a book that takes potentially negative situations and looks at the positive side to each one in a little boy’s life during a Saturday when his dad has to work and miss his ball game.

I liked that the child’s mother helped her son think of positive ways to look at situations that could be thought about negatively such as even though dad had to work, his working allowed them to buy the good food they ate. She didn’t dismiss his sad feelings when he lost his ball game; she acknowledged them, but then suggested that he was lucky he got to play with his friends even if they did lose. Then she got him to think of something positive about the game he lost and he came up with the awesome line drive he caught from the opponent’s toughest batter.

If, as parents, we can teach our children to think in this manner, rather than dwelling on negatives, our children will potentially grow up to have more positive outlooks. This book is one attempt at teaching children to do just that.

The story is interesting and will hold their attention. It’s a great book for a parent and child to read together. The pictures have a soft edge to them as though they have been painted. There are not a lot of fine details to them.

I very much enjoyed this book and think it would be a great addition to any library because of its positive nature. I gave this book a rating of 5 stars out of 5.

Thank you to the author for providing a copy of the book in exchange for a fair and honest review. A positive opinion was not required. All thoughts are my own.

To see my complete review, visit Shelf Full of Books: http://kathrynsshelffullofbooks.blogspot.com/2015/11/book-review-but-arent-i-lucky-that-by.html

Source: http://kathrynsshelffullofbooks.blogspot.com/2015/11/book-review-but-arent-i-lucky-that-by.html