Shelf Full of Books

Major Dakota's Ghost by Susan Day

Astro's Adventures: Major Dakota's Ghost - Susan Day

Commander Rocky is dognapped by Major Dakota’s ghost, a former operative from the American arm of the same Organisation that Commander Rocky heads in Australia. Major Dakota needs some help getting rid of dog-nappers that are holding the dogs of 5 famous people in his home. When Rocky’s operatives discover who spirited him away, they immediately take off for the US to rescue Commander Rocky.

Major Dakota’s Ghost will have both adult and child laughing though perhaps for different reasons. The dogs held hostage belonged to celebrities and for adults it was plainly obvious who the owners were and had me chuckling. The characters of the dogs were hilariously reminiscent of their owners so adults will enjoy reading this book with their children.

Children will be laughing at the actions and antics of the all the dogs whether celebrity dogs, ghost dogs or dogs that are part of the Organisation. If you have read any of the other three previous books in this series you will already be familiar with operatives and their specialized skills.

Major Dakota’s Ghost is a bit different from the previous three books in that it has spy links in various spots in the book where you can click and go to a website where you will find activities and games related specifically to this particular book. It all adds to the fun and value of the book.

There are also illustrations with the book that were done by the author. They are pencil crayon drawings which on the iPad you can enlarge in order to see more easily. They are colourfully drawn and a nice addition to the book.

I gave this book a rating of 5 stars out of 5 because it will be fun for parents and children to read together with humour on both levels to enjoy.

Thank you to the author for providing this book in exchange for a fair and honest review. A positive opinion was not required. All thoughts are my own.

To see my complete review, visit Shelf Full of Books: http://kathrynsshelffullofbooks.blogspot.com/2015/11/book-review-major-dakotas-ghost-by.html

Source: http://kathrynsshelffullofbooks.blogspot.com/2015/11/book-review-major-dakotas-ghost-by.html