Shelf Full of Books

Claws for Alarm (Nick and Nora Mysteries) by T.C. LoTempio

Claws for Alarm - T.C. Lotempio

Claws for Alarm was a great cozy mystery involving a tuxedo cat named Nick with a penchant for getting into places and doing things that no cat should be able. He makes a great side-kick for his self-adopted owner Nora Charles who runs a sandwich shop. Nora used to be an investigative reporter in Chicago before moving to Cruz where she runs the shop she inherited from her mother.

Nora and her sister Lacey don’t always get along. But when Lacey is arrested on charges of first degree murder, apparently over lousy grades, Nora knows it can’t be true no matter the evidence seems to show. She knows Lacey is not capable of murder and sets out to help prove Lacey’s innocence.

This cozy mystery was quite funny. I’d love to have a side-kick like Nick who is so capable of getting into things that no cat should be able to. Where he learned his spelling skills is another mystery too, but a helpful one.

There were a lot of things going on in Claws for Alarm and it was difficult to suss out who the real murderer was. If not for Nick, Nora would not have been able to solve the case.

Claws for Alarm was thoroughly enjoyable and engaging. It was fast paced and funny. If you enjoy cozy mysteries, I think you will enjoy this novel. I gave it a rating of 5 stars out of 5.

Thank you to the publishers for providing the book in exchange for a fair and honest review. A positive opinion was not required. All thoughts are my own.

To see my complete review, visit Shelf Full of Books: http://kathrynsshelffullofbooks.blogspot.com/2015/11/claws-for-alarm-book-tour-excerpt-and.html