Shelf Full of Books

Ignoring Gravity by Sandra Danby

Ignoring Gravity (Rose Haldane, Identity Detective) (Volume 1) - Sandra Danby

Imagine discovering you’re adopted. You find out from reading your mother’s diary after she has passed away. Your father and grandmother are still alive and neither of them has thought to mention it to you. Sudden identity crisis? Yes!

Rose wants to know who she is and who her birth parents are since she feels she never really fit into her family. As a journalist she has the skills to do the research required to get the information. What she finds totally surprises her.

Ignoring Gravity is full of twists and turns and surprises. There are hidden family secrets and lies that should have been brought out into the open years ago. Heartache abounds but wounds heal.

There really are a lot of surprising twists and turns in this novel. Ignoring Gravity was a compelling read that was difficult to put down. I think for Rose it must have been quite an awful shock to find out the way she did. If I were an adopted child, I would rather be told I was adopted by my adoptive parents rather than discover it by accident as an adult.

I thought there were some interesting insights as to how adoptions were handled in the 1950s and ’60s compared to how they are handled today and the sensitivity (or lack of sensitivity) towards the birth mother.

I gave Ignoring Gravity 5 stars out of 5 for being a thought-provoking read on a sensitive and sometimes difficult subject. Knowing who you are and where you came from is important whether you are adopted or not.

Thank you to the author for providing a copy of this book in exchange for a fair and honest review. A positive opinion was not required. All thoughts are my own.

To see my complete review, visit Shelf Full of Books http://kathrynsshelffullofbooks.blogspot.com/2015/09/book-review-ignoring-gravity-by-sandra.html

Source: http://kathrynsshelffullofbooks.blogspot.com/2015/09/book-review-ignoring-gravity-by-sandra.html