Shelf Full of Books

Catching Catie by Cindy Roland Anderson

I loved the way that Jace and Caytie started off their relationship with a couple of frustrating run-ins with each other before finding out they were staying in the same home. That made for some great interpersonal tension.

I don’t blame Caytie from running away from her father and her boyfriend at all. I would have done the same thing. It’s obvious that marriage doesn’t mean much to her father or her boyfriend.

I liked the compassion that Caytie had for Kellen and how she tried to help him see that he was just as valuable now as he was before his accident. I thought her personality appeared realistic. I found Jace to be quite amusing and wanted to laugh with him at some of the things that made him laugh about Caytie. I did think he should have spoken up to Victoria though instead of letting her keep hoping that maybe there still might be some hope for a relationship.

One flaw I found in the book was when Caytie disappeared saying she went back to California was that her car was actually still at the ranch. Why didn’t anyone notice that? It should have been a big clue that something was wrong.

There were quite a number of interesting twists and turns in this story that kept it fresh and interesting with a touch of suspense and danger. I was surprised by the actions of one of the characters that brought the danger to Caytie. I would never have pegged this person to do something like that given how thoughtful and kind this person was throughout the rest of the book.

I enjoyed this clean contemporary romance quite a bit and would recommend it to anyone who likes romance stories. This novel complements the other Snow Valley novels in that some of the characters from the other stories appear from time to time. I gave Catching Caytie 4 atars out of 5.

Thank you to the publishers for providing a copy of the book in exchange for a fair and honest review. A positive opinion was not required. All thoughts are my own.

To see my complete review, visit Shelf Full of Books http://kathrynsshelffullofbooks.blogspot.com/2015/06/summer-in-snow-valley-blog-tour-excerpt.html

Source: http://kathrynsshelffullofbooks.blogspot.com/2015/06/summer-in-snow-valley-blog-tour-excerpt.html