Shelf Full of Books

Hunted is the sequel to Jaded where Jade and Peaches escaped from a commune which required eye surgery to change the colour of their eyes on their 17th birthday. Now that they have made it to the Outside, they finally meet their grandparents Rue and Goldie who try to help them assimilate.

The Outside is not as safe and simple as they had thought. There are more people, more noise and it all happens 24/7. They don’t even know who they can trust other than their family.

I liked how the chapters alternated in the telling by Peaches and Jade. It gave us the opportunity to get to know each of them a little better. The two of them became inseparable, which was nice since they grew up not even knowing they were sisters, let alone twins.

I found their reactions to some of the things that they had never been exposed to and had a good chuckle when they encountered them for the first time. We are so used to the things in our culture that we take them for granted. Others who live a much simpler life find these things amazing.

I enjoyed seeing the girls mature through the story enough to make adult decisions about what they were going to do regarding whether to return to Nirvana or remain on the Outside. I’m hoping their decisions will help Nirvana change for the better.

Hunted was fast-paced with lots of twists and turns to keep the reader guessing. It was an intriguing novel that made me realize I definitely do not want to get caught up in any kind of cult or commune. I very much enjoyed reading this book. I gave it 4 stars out of 5.

Thank you to the author who provided a copy of this book in exchange for a fair and honest review. A positive opinion was not required. All thoughts are my own.

To see my complete review, visit Shelf Full of Books at http://kathrynsshelffullofbooks.blogspot.com/2015/05/book-review-hunted-by-kristy.html

Source: http://kathrynsshelffullofbooks.blogspot.com/2015/05/book-review-hunted-by-kristy.html