Shelf Full of Books

Reframe: From the God We've Made . . . to God with Us by Brian Hardin (2015-09-17) - Brian Hardin;

Reframe is not a novel, but rather an inspirational book to help you readjust your life and get your relationship with Jesus back on track as a personal, intimate connection with Him. Brian Hardin, the author, states that knowing all the facts about God will not make a deep, true relationship with Him just as knowing all the facts about your spouse will make a successful relationship with your spouse. It is the interaction between the two, the give and take of information, sharing of emotion, dialogue and time spent together that creates that deep personal relationship.

Hardin says that “what God wants is an honest, loving, loyal, and intimate relationship with us.” (Loc. 1150) and that “He wants to be holistically included in everything we do and think and dream about and hope for.” (Loc. 1172) He also states that “talking to Him isn’t just about gratefulness or worship or petition or complaint. It’s all of that and everything else that happens every day.” (Loc. 1174)

Reframe challenges us to change – change the way we do life. The challenge is that we “will be entering into a first-person, always-on, never-off relationship with the God of all at all times and in all places for the rest of eternity.” (Loc. 1475) We need to include Christ in our life – but not just so that we can know Him more, but “it is the act of completely and irreversibly opening your heart to God and giving yourself wholly back to Him – to know and be known.” (Loc. 1622)

I thought that this was perhaps not such a new concept, but an old one that we have long forgotten, for Hardin backed up his ideas with Scripture. All through the Bible we see God pursuing us, calling out to us, to share in a relationship with Him. Hardin points directs us to Old and New Testament verses that show us that God does not want to be shut up in the box that we have put Him in where we only let Him out on Sundays or just before mealtimes when we say grace. He wants to, as His name Emmanuel means, be “God with us” at all times.

I for one have been challenged by this book to re-think what my relationship with God looks like. I want to recognize and feel Jesus’ presence with me all day, every day and able chat conversationally with Him about whatever is going on, on a moment by moment basis. I plan on reframing my relationship with Jesus so that it will be what God meant it to be.

Reframe is both inspiring and challenging, and a call to change. It included anecdotes from Hardin’s life and I found the book to be so interesting I zipped through it highlighting important phrases and sentences along the way.

I thoroughly enjoyed Reframe, and I would highly recommend it to everyone who considers him/herself a Christian. I gave this book a rating of 5 stars out of 5.

Thank you to the publishers via NetGalley for providing a copy of this book in exchange for a fair and honest review. A positive opinion was not required. All thoughts are my own.

To see my complete review, visit Shelf Full of Books:

Source: http://kathrynsshelffullofbooks.blogspot.com/2015/11/book-review-reframe-from-god-weve-made.html