Shelf Full of Books

I Wish by Elizabeth Langston

I Wish - Elizabeth Langston
Wouldn’t it be nice to have your very own genie? But wait, there are rules now. You get more wishes, but the wishes can’t involve magic and have to be completed in one day and humanly possible.

When Lacey “accidentally” gets her own genie named Grant, he is hers to provide wishes for an entire month. Between her totally depressed mother, her eight-year-old brother, her job and their lack of finances, Lacey has more than she can handle and would prefer a good old-fashioned miracle. Besides, how do you explain the hunky guy suddenly hanging around your house?

Lacey and her family have quite an adventure over the month of wishes that Grant provides. There are surprises and scares and both Lacey and Grant learn a thing or two.

I liked the way the story was written with each chapter alternating with a short report from Grant to his boss about the activity of the day from his perspective. This allows the reader to get a bit of a view of both Lacey’s and Grant’s view of things.

I liked how Lacey grew as a person through the novel and became able to accept help from others, learning that it is okay to accept help sometimes. But the biggest growth was what happened in Lacey and Grant’s relationship. That took a great deal of maturity.

I Wish was a fun fantasy, clean romance novel to read. It was rapidly paced and enjoyed reading it. I am looking forward to reading the sequel, Wishing For You. If you would like a light, easy book to read, I would recommend I Wish, for all ages. I gave this book a rating of 5 stars out of 5.

Thank you to the publishers via NetGalley for providing a copy of this book in exchange for a fair and honest review. A positive opinion is not required. All thoughts are my own.

To see my complete review, visit Shelf Full of Books: http://kathrynsshelffullofbooks.blogspot.com/2015/10/wishing-for-you-blog-tour-book-1-and.html

Source: http://kathrynsshelffullofbooks.blogspot.com/2015/10/wishing-for-you-blog-tour-book-1-and.html