Shelf Full of Books

Wishing for You (I Wish Book 2) by Elizabeth Langston

Wishing for You (I Wish Book 2) - Elizabeth Langston

Wishing for You was a touching book that had me tearful a time or two. After a brain injury leaves her with a short term memory loss, Kimberley learns to rely on her iPad to help her remember a lot of things. She has always relied on her parents instead of learning the important life skills necessary for independent living.

Gifted to Kimberley by Lacey, Grant (a Benevolent Supernatural Being, otherwise known as a genie) arrives to provide 30 wishes, she learns both the skills to live independently and how blessed she is that she is to be able to forget.

Wishing for You must have been a difficult book to write due to the tough subject matter. I thought the author dealt with it in a thoughtful, sensitive manner. I loved the friendship that developed between Kimberley and Sean and how Kimberley’s short term memory disability worked in her favour with Sean because he needed to spend time with someone who could just forget what he was going through and treat him normally. Sean was a gift to Kimberley because he believed in her and what she could accomplish in spite of her short term memory loss.

I also liked the interaction between Grant and Camarin, both Benevolent Supernatural Beings, who didn’t seem to quite get along too well. Grant’s growth in understanding of Camarin’s role in Sean’s life and its effect on her teaches him a lot.

The twists and turns in the story are a bit of a roller coaster ride as they bring victory, sorrow, friendship and love. But that’s just like life isn’t it? The characters feel realistic, 3-dimensional. Kimberley and Sean, the main characters will stick with you long after you turn the final page of the book.

I thoroughly enjoyed Wishing for You, the second book in this series. The book may be written for young adults but I think it will be enjoyed by readers of any age. I gave it a rating of 5 out of 5 stars.

Thank you to the publishers for providing a copy of the book via NetGalley in exchange for a fair and honest review. A positive opinion was not required. All thoughts are my own.

To see my complete review, visist Shelf Full of Books: http://kathrynsshelffullofbooks.blogspot.com/2015/10/wishing-for-you-book-2-blog-tour-and.html

Source: http://kathrynsshelffullofbooks.blogspot.com/2015/10/wishing-for-you-book-2-blog-tour-and.html