Shelf Full of Books

A Rare Nativity by Sam Beeson

A Rare Nativity - Sam Beeson,Nina Cochran,Terral Cochran

This is a most amazing picture book. The narrator sends his enemy gifts for Christmas according to the song “The 12 Days of Christmas” but the gifts are not nice at all. They are broken and discarded things, basically what we would consider garbage.

Once those gifts have been received, however, the narrator’s enemy does something astonishing. He returns those same gifts, but he has done something magical with them. He has taken the broken and discarded items and transformed them into items that make up a Christmas nativity scene.

The illustrations that go with the story are real photographs of the objects that show the beauty of the transformation from pieces of junk to the beautiful nativity scene.

I thought the author and photographers showed great creativity in putting this book together. The book is indeed aptly named A Rare Nativity.

This is a book you will want to read each Christmas to remind you of what Christ has done for us. I gave this book a rating of 5 stars out of 5. I absolutely loved it! I highly recommend it to everyone for their Christmas library.

Thank you to the publishers for providing a copy of the book in exchange for a fair and honest review. A positive opinion was not required. All thoughts are my own.

To see my complete review, visit Shelf Full of Books: http://kathrynsshelffullofbooks.blogspot.com/2015/10/a-rare-nativity-blot-tour-and-giveaway.html

Source: http://kathrynsshelffullofbooks.blogspot.com/2015/10/a-rare-nativity-blot-tour-and-giveaway.html