Shelf Full of Books

The Kiverson Case by Julie Gilbert

The Kiverson Case - Julie C Gilbert

Patrick and Ann Duncan are FBI agents involved in the raid on Asan and Amelia Kiverson’s family home. The Kiversons were part of a larger well-known crime family whose extended family members were known for drug trafficking, murder, fraud and the support of terrorists. The plan was to arrest Asan and Amelia, and bring in their 3 children aged Kevin aged 25, Angela aged 18 and Benjamin aged 16 for questioning. Things went well until Amelia managed to kill herself with a poisoned razor blade despite Ann trying to wrestle it away from her.

Kevin vows revenge on the Duncans for murdering his mother. He forces them into playing a “game” with him in which someone will die at each stage if they either don’t participate or they fail to meet the target in time.

The Kiverson Case is not the first time we have seen Patrick and Ann Duncan working together. In the previous encounter they were not married, but got to know one another and fell in love. In this book they have been married awhile and now have an infant child, Joseph. I like that we get to see this young family grow and change. We also get to follow Jonathan Parker and his wife Rachel who we met in the previous book (The Collins Case) and follow their friendship with the Duncans.

The twists and turns in this case get more and more harrowing in this case as the clues that are given for the “game” are few. The Duncans are given the time the task must be complete and a short poem with a clue and from that derive what the task is and where each must go to complete it.

In a strange turn of events Ann must put her life on the line, trusting solely on God to keep her safe, in order to save Benjamin Kiverson from Kevin Kiverson. One thing that I found interesting and refreshing about The Kiverson Case was that the characters of the antagonists (the Kiversons) were also developed quite a bit as well. It was interesting to see the changes in the characters of Kevin Kiverson across the course of the novel as well as Benjamin.

One of the best things about this novel was its clean content. This was a suspense/thriller novel like any other, yet without any foul language. I found that refreshing, and didn’t miss that kind of language at all.

Of course, The Kiverson Case is does also fit in the Christian category also, and so that also shows through in the book as well, but the book is not preachy. Basically Patrick and Ann simply just pray for assistance from Jesus and ask his blessing on those that need it

I thoroughly enjoyed The Kiverson Case and I hope the Julie Gilbert continues with this series. If you like moderately suspenseful thrillers, this may be the book for you. I gave it 5 stars out of 5.

Thank you to the author for providing a copy of the book in exchange for a fair and honest review. A positive opinion was not required. All thoughts are my own.

To see my complete review visit Shelf Full of Books http://kathrynsshelffullofbooks.blogspot.com/2015/08/book-review-kiverson-case-by-julie.html

Source: http://kathrynsshelffullofbooks.blogspot.com/2015/08/book-review-kiverson-case-by-julie.html