Shelf Full of Books

The Strange Friend by Nadav Sham

Children's Book: The Strange Friend (Adventure and Friendship Children's Books Collection Book 2) (Adventure and Friendship Children's) - Nadav Sham

When the other animals just stared at Gail as she tried to make friends with them, Gail thought perhaps she should try to be more like them. As she found out, that didn’t work either. The important lesson she learned was to be true to herself and just be who she was. Gail discovered there was something she could do that no one else in that group of friends could do, just because she was tall.

The other animals were a little shy of her because she was so much taller than the rest of them. It could have easily been some other physical attribute – skin colour, disability, a wheelchair, a different language. A Strange Friend is a great book to read with children as we think about heading back to school and meeting new friends in new classrooms.

Every child will feel a little shy about what the other children think about him/her. What they need to remember is just to be true to themselves and accept the other children for who they are because each of us is different.

I especially liked the rhyming style and meter of this story. It flowed very well. The pictures were fun to look at too. In the Kindle version that I had pictures alternated with pages of text. Occasionally a page of text would also have a smaller picture on it as well.

This book works well as a read-along for younger children. I liked the lessons in friendship and self-esteem. I gave this book 5 stars out of 5.

Thank you to the author for providing a copy of the book in exchange for a fair and honest review. A positive opinion was not required. All thoughts are my own.

To see my complete review visit Shelf Full of Books http://kathrynsshelffullofbooks.blogspot.com/2015/08/book-review-strange-friend-by-nadav-sham.html

Source: http://kathrynsshelffullofbooks.blogspot.com/2015/08/book-review-strange-friend-by-nadav-sham.html