Shelf Full of Books

The Duality Bridge (Singularity #2) by Susan Kaye Quinn

The Duality Bridge - Susan Kaye Quinn

The Duality Bridge was an action-packed follow-up to The Legacy Human where we watch as different groups want Eli Brighton for their own reasons. Eli has discovered he is not entirely human but was created as part of an experiment. He is still coming to terms with that and trying to figure out the extent of, and how to control the abilities the experiment gave him.

There were so many plot twists and turns in The Duality Bridge that it really made the book very exciting to read. One minute things seemed to be going one way and the next minute an element would be introduced that would turn things around in another direction. The amazing thing is that everything flowed naturally and didn’t seem contrived.

One of the interesting things in this novel is the role of religion. Buddhism and Christianity are lumped together and anyone who follows either of these two religions is called a Believer. Eli used Buddhist meditation to enter his fugue state though he would by no means call himself a believer. It will be interesting to see how religion and the state of the soul play out in future novels in the series.

As for the characters, I definitely liked Eli and Kamali as well as most of the others of the Resistance. I found Cyrus, Eli’s best friend to be most loyal; the kind of loyalty I would like to have in a friend. Even though Kamali was often angry with Eli, she too stood by him, helping him, believing in him even when she knew it could cost her life.

I think Eli would not have learned as much about himself or about his abilities if it weren’t for those who were after him. They were in a sense the ones that forced him to use those abilities, “practicing” them and thus improving them. His growth and knowledge about himself and the world around him grew by leaps and bounds from the beginning of the book to the end of the book. Has he learned enough to protect the future of the ascended and humans? I’m looking forward to Singularity #3 to find out.

The Duality Bridge was a great follow-up to The Legacy Human. Full of action, and unexpected twists and turns, you will be on the edge of your seat as you read this amazing science fiction post-apocalyptic novel. I would recommend this novel to you if you enjoy these genres. I gave this novel 5 stars out of 5.

Thank you to the publisher for providing a copy of this book in exchange for a fair and honest review. A positive opinion was not required. All thoughts are my own.

To see my complete review visit Shelf Full of Books http://kathrynsshelffullofbooks.blogspot.com/2015/08/the-duality-bridge-singularity-2-blog.html

Source: http://kathrynsshelffullofbooks.blogspot.com/2015/08/the-duality-bridge-singularity-2-blog.html