Shelf Full of Books

Ravenhill Court by David Beshears

Ravenhill Court - David R. Beshears

Strange things were happening in the neighborhood of Ravenhill Court in 1964. Whether the adult residents of the time didn’t notice or were trying to keep it hidden the children didn’t know but Ben Foster, his older sister Julie and his friends Louis and Peter were determined to figure out what was going on.

The story moves back and forth from the present day when Ben Foster has returned to Ravenhill Court to find it completely abandoned. He has with him Peter’s journal of the time when they were searching out the peculiar events in their teenage years. He reads the journal and reflects on what happened.

There is only one adult they can talk to about the strange things they are experiencing in the neighborhood – Professor LaMothe and even he won’t tell them much. He does however give them some clues which they set off to follow in the forested area behind the houses.

The twists and turns in the novel bring the story to an unusual conclusion which I found quite unexpected and unique. It’s kind of like looking at the mirror from the back. I quite liked it for its creativity.

The novel moved along at a good pace and though it was about teenagers, it isn’t necessarily just for teenagers. I think Ravenhill Court would be suitable for teens to adults. It’s the mystery of the story here that intrigues, the age of the characters aren’t as important.

I gave Ravenhill Court 4 stars out of 5 and would recommend it to lovers of science fiction, fantasy and mystery.

Thank you to the author for providing a copy of this book in exchange for a fair and honest review. A positive opinion was not required. All thoughts are my own.

To see my complete review visit Shelf Full of Books http://kathrynsshelffullofbooks.blogspot.com/2015/09/book-review-ravenhill-court-by-david.html

Source: http://kathrynsshelffullofbooks.blogspot.com/2015/09/book-review-ravenhill-court-by-david.html