Shelf Full of Books

The Berenstain Bears' Harvest Festival by Mike Berenstain

The Berenstain Bears' Harvest Festival (Berenstain Bears/Living Lights) - Mike Berenstain

The Berenstain Bears’ Harvest Festival reminds us of what a wonderful season autumn is. I liked how the family enjoyed the outdoors – the sights and smells - as they walked to Farmer Ben’s for the Harvest Festival.

At the Harvest Festival put on by the Chapel in the Woods they get to experience all the good things that come at harvest time. They also get to see many of the animals and enjoy many of the sights on a farm. The Berenstain Bears’ Harvest Festival teaches children a little bit about the diversity of things that are grown on a farm.

I liked that the book ended with a prayer thanking God for all the good things we have received. I think that sometimes we forget that all of these things are blessings from Him that we should be thankful for.

The questions on the inside of the back cover are great for helping children to focus in on some of educational points in the book. The activities at the bottom are suggestions for parents and children to extend the educational experience a little further. I think these two suggestions were simple and easily accomplished in most communities and would be fun.

I think that The Berenstain Bears’ Harvest Festival is an excellent addition to the Berenstain Bears series of books. I would highly recommend it. I have it 5 stars out of 5.

Thank you to the publishers for providing the book via BookLook Bloggers in exchange for a fair and honest review. A positive opinion was not required. All thought are my own.

To see my complete review visit Shelf Full of Books http://kathrynsshelffullofbooks.blogspot.com/2015/08/book-review-berenstain-bears-harvest.html

Source: http://kathrynsshelffullofbooks.blogspot.com/2015/08/book-review-berenstain-bears-harvest.html