Shelf Full of Books

Uncontrollable (Nature of Grace Book 2) by S. R. Johannes

Grace is one of the students from her science class who volunteers for an extra credit science project which is headed up by Agent Sweeney of the US Fish and Wildlife Service. The students are to record the activity of the reintroduced red wolves in the local area around their town. It’s just before winter break and it’s one of the coldest winters in a long while.

Grace is still struggling a little with her grief, missing her dad, and dealing with the emotions stirred up by the various townsfolk that she thinks view her differently now that the case is closed. She also misses Mo, the young man she had fallen in love with whose body she saw taken away after the poaching ring had been caught. Grace felt this project was a good way to get back into the forest and honour her father and what he stood for, and to begin to move ahead with her life again.

There are a lot of twists and turns in this novel ranging from teen emotional entanglements to deaths. It seems possible that someone might be trying to sabotage the wolf reintroduction project as two wolves mysteriously die with no wounds and looking otherwise healthy. The danger and suspense doesn’t let up for Grace until the end of the book.

The characters in Uncontrollable are believable. They sound sincere and realistic and those who were not what they appeared to be what they were had me fooled.

I liked the combination of themes in this story of clean romance, animal conservation, and suspense. I think it made for a winning combination. I highly recommend Uncontrollable to readers of any of these genres. I gave this book a full 5 stars out of 5 stars.

Thank you to the author for providing me with a copy of this book in exchange for a fair and honest review. A positive opinion was not required. All thoughts are my own.

To see my complete review visit Shelf Full of Books http://kathrynsshelffullofbooks.blogspot.com/2015/08/book-review-uncontrollable-by-sr.html

Source: http://kathrynsshelffullofbooks.blogspot.com/2015/08/book-review-uncontrollable-by-sr.html