Shelf Full of Books

Jess Under Pressure by Edy Graziani

Jess Under Pressure follows the breakdown and healing of psychologist and author Jess Britton after her successful book “Do More, Give More, Be Better” about how women can have it all – careers and family followed by the untimely death of her husband who was discovered to be having an affair with Jess’ agent.

Due to a variety of twists and turns Jess ends up running away from home. She’s no longer confident in who she is as a mother, author or anything else. What she discovers is her own advice.

Jess Under Pressure is about the power of friendship. I loved how welcoming the small group of ladies were to Jess. There is something about experiencing things together that goes a long way to bonding people together and their experience on the lake will be one that will keep them together for a long time.

The snippets of advice at the beginning of each chapter of the book that came from Jess’ book were for the most part insightful. I found it interesting that though Jess wrote the book, she didn’t quite follow her own advice.

It was good to see the changes in Jess from the beginning of the book to the end. Mentally and emotionally she was a wreck at the beginning but such a different person at the end because she followed her own advice on the importance of family and friends.

In my opinion there was a moderate amount of profanity in this novel and if that is something that offends you, I suggest you be aware of that before you pick this novel up.

As I prefer to read books without profanity, I almost set the book aside as I don’t feel it added anything to the story. Nevertheless, I persisted with the story, which I did enjoy quite a bit. I gave the story 4 stars out of 5.

Thank you to the author for providing a copy of the book. A positive opinion was not required. All thoughts are my own.

To see my complete review, visit Shelf Full of Books http://kathrynsshelffullofbooks.blogspot.com/2015/07/book-review-jess-under-pressure-by-edy.html

Source: http://kathrynsshelffullofbooks.blogspot.com/2015/07/book-review-jess-under-pressure-by-edy.html