Shelf Full of Books

A Touch of Romance (A Snow Valley Romance) by Cami Checketts

A Touch of Love was a beautiful, clean romance between Luke Wilson and Annie Stirland. Annie is the new massage therapist in town and when Luke first meets her it’s love at first sight. He’s perplexed though, because while he makes a purchase of a gift for his sister, Annie speaks not a single word.

Intrigued by this beautiful woman, he returns the next day determined to ask her out for dinner. But at a loss as to how to go about it, instead he requests a massage for himself and is surprised when she stutters a response. Annie feels that no one has ever made her feel as comfortable about her severe stuttering problem as Luke has, even suggesting she write her thoughts down for him to read.

A lovely relationship begins to develop and Annie gets comfortable with Luke’s family when a number of unforeseen circumstances from their pasts come to town causing twists and turns in their relationship and suddenly Annie breaks things off with Luke to his bewilderment. Annie is willing to live the rest of her life with a broken heart if it will mean that Luke will be happy.

I liked that this story dealt with self-esteem and body image. I didn’t like Annie’s mother very much. She sure wasn’t very nice to her daughter and didn’t have anything at all nice to say to her. I also had some trouble with Mandy who was a bit too “huggy” with Luke. I was impressed that she came and had a talk with Annie though to settle where things were at.

I really liked the Wilson family. If I had to choose a family to marry into, it would be a family like that, where everyone is welcomed and made to feel at home just as Annie was. I liked that Luke was able to open up around Annie and Annie around Luke.

This was a very satisfying clean summer romance novel. I would recommend it for a summer read. I gave it 5 stars out of 5.

Thank you to the publisher for providing a copy of the book in exchange for a fair and honest review. A positive opinion was not required. All thoughts are my own.

To see my complete review visit Shelf Full of Books http://kathrynsshelffullofbooks.blogspot.com/2015/07/book-review-touch-of-love-by-cami.html

Source: http://kathrynsshelffullofbooks.blogspot.com/2015/07/book-review-touch-of-love-by-cami.html