Shelf Full of Books

Exchange Rate (Worth of Souls Book 2) by Bonnie Paulson

Book 2 of the Worth of Souls series, Exchange Rate finds Kelly, Bodey and John still trying to stay ahead of Shane and his gang who have been hunting them down for months. They are also looking for a safe community if they can find one.

I enjoyed the flow of the story. It was smooth and natural. The feelings of despondency and desperation of some of the characters that Kelly, Bodey and John met really came through and made me want to cry for them.

There were quite a number of twists and turns in this novel, some of them good, and some of them not so good. Camp Freedom Pass seems almost too good to be true. It is everything people have been saying about it – there’s electricity, running water, food and safety. Or is it?

The choices that they were given when it was discovered that Kelly was pregnant were impossible ones. The only real choice was to escape except that the only exit was through the front gate which was heavily guarded. Desperate, Kelly does the only thing she can in order to attempt to save the two men she loves.

Exchange Rate was riveting. The idea that one person in charge of a community could hold that much power and people would accept the kind of decisions he was making I found unthinkable, yet I suppose it probably would happen simply out of fear.

This book was fast paced and thought-provoking. It was a little more adult-themed than the first one in that there is some discussion of methods of contraception and women’s menses.

You’ll need to be prepared for a cliff-hanger at the end of this book which will be resolved in book three. I rated Exchange Rate 4 stars out of 5. It was highly entertaining and I would recommend this book.

Thank you to the publishers for providing a copy of this book in exchange for a fair and honest review. A positive opinion was not required. All thoughts are my own.

To see my complete review visit Shelf Full of Books http://kathrynsshelffullofbooks.blogspot.com/2015/07/book-review-exchange-rate-worth-of.html

Source: http://kathrynsshelffullofbooks.blogspot.com/2015/07/book-review-exchange-rate-worth-of.html