Shelf Full of Books

The Yummy Adventures of Celia and Cedric: Little Green Dragon

Celia and Cedric are on another adventure. This time a little green dragon is chasing them about from here to there. Celia’s mother calls them in to take a break and make a yummy snack to revive them from all their exertion after running from the dragon.

The two children make a power smoothie filled with healthy food choices such as bananas and frozen mangos. Super foods such as chia seeds can be added. For the liquid water, coconut, almond or other milk of your choice can be used. The special ingredient for this smoothie is romaine lettuce or spinach. This gives the drink a beautiful green colour.

Celia and Cedric pretend that the drink is the little green dragon….

I liked this story and the recipe because they are tied together and can help children further their imaginations. I did not test the recipe in this book but the other recipes that I have tested by these authors have been excellent, so I have no doubt that this one will be just as tasty and easy for youngsters to make with a little parent supervision.

The pictures in the book are bright and clear and the dragon can be found on each page hiding behind something, so for very young children if you are reading the book to them, they will enjoy searching the page for the dragon.

I think young children will enjoy this book and all children will enjoy the healthy snack. I gave this book 5 stars out of 5.

Thank you to the author for providing a copy of this book in exchange for a fair and honest review. A positive opinion was not required. All thoughts are my own.

To see my complete review visit Shelf Full of Books http://kathrynsshelffullofbooks.blogspot.com/2015/06/book-review-celia-and-cedric-little.html

Source: http://kathrynsshelffullofbooks.blogspot.com/2015/06/book-review-celia-and-cedric-little.html