Shelf Full of Books

The Yummy Adventures of Celia and Cedric: Eat Dirt Balls

After the rain, everything is muddy and wet outside, but that doesn’t stop Celia and Cedric from going outside and having some fun. They decide to create something for a snack shop. They end up with dirt balls. When Celia’s mom sees what they have created, she invites them inside to make some dirt balls they can really eat.

I had my test baker follow the recipe at the back of the book to create some of these dirt balls. They were very good. I did find them a little sweet however, but we did add the optional cranberries to the recipe. The recipe was easy to make – just dump all the ingredients into the bowl and mix, then form into balls and roll in coconut. We ended up with about 38 of them.

I like that the story is fun, yet helps the child to learn about friendships, working together, and problem solving. There is a “Nutrition Notes” page at the back of the book that explains why a certain ingredient has been added to the recipe.

Celia and Cedric: Eat Dirt Balls is a great book for young children and I would highly recommend it. I give it 5 stars out of 5.

Thank you to the authors for providing a copy of the book in exchange for a fair and honest review. A positive opinion was not required. All thought are my own.

To see my complete review, visit Shelf Full of Books http://kathrynsshelffullofbooks.blogspot.com/2015/06/book-review-yummy-adventures-of-celia.html

Source: http://kathrynsshelffullofbooks.blogspot.com/2015/06/book-review-yummy-adventures-of-celia.html