Shelf Full of Books

Vengeance is Mine by Harry James Krebs

This is a book that most definitely fits in the adult category due to its language and the some of the description of the crime scenes, it is a mesmerizing tale of Benjamin Tucker, crime author and amateur detective who is swept up in the investigation of a serial killer who decapitates his female victims.

I loved the characters in Ben’s family. They brought humour and lightness to this otherwise dark story of murder. Of course, this blended family wasn’t totally realistic though, because what blended family could get along so well and not have any issues to work out? I enjoyed the fantasy of it however.

Though this was a serious book with a serious topic Krebs was able to inject it with humour and wit through the personalities of his characters. He’ll have you drooling over the fabulous dishes Roberta cooks up. My favourite character of all was Oscar, Ben lopsided dachshund who had difficulty steering himself and easily ended up requiring rescuing from the pool.

The mystery of who this killer was and why he was so fascinated with Ben Tucker was so filled with twists and turns it was a true roller coaster ride. And the ride was fast! I didn’t want to put this book down because I wanted answers, and I wanted them now!

If you enjoy the mystery/thriller/crime genres, I’m pretty sure you’ll enjoy Vengeance is Mine. This was a very entertaining and thrilling book to read. I rated it 4 out of 5 due to the amount of profanity.

Thank you to the author for providing a copy of the book in exchange for a fair and honest review. A positive opinion was not required. All thoughts are my own.

To see my complete review, visit Shelf Full of Books http://kathrynsshelffullofbooks.blogspot.com/2015/06/book-review-vengeance-is-mine-by-harry.html

Source: http://kathrynsshelffullofbooks.blogspot.com/2015/06/book-review-vengeance-is-mine-by-harry.html