Shelf Full of Books

Doughnuts and Deadly Schemes by Janel Gradowski

Amy is thrilled to be planning Carla and Bruce’s wedding. But when Carla finally decides on a date and it’s only 3 weeks away she nearly flips. Carla wants something simple and informal… and quirky, like a doughnut tower instead of a wedding cake. After all, Bruce is a police detective.

In fact, Bruce ends up being the lead detective in the murder investigation of one of the owners of the men’s formal wear shop where he was ordering his wedding suit. If the case isn’t solved before the nuptials, Bruce won’t be able to concentrate on his honeymoon. So Amy and Carla vow to help track down the killer.

This cozy mystery involved much more than just one murder as Amy and Carla discover. The twists and turns come fast and furious. It’s as though the killer is toying with his subjects.

Getting all the details sorted out for Carla and Bruce’s wedding is no mean feat either and there are a number of twists and turns that take place for that to happen. The author does an excellent job of bringing these two storylines (the wedding and the murder) together in an interesting and sometimes humorous way.

There are a few big surprises in the story that I won’t share, but I will tell you that there are a few recipes in the back of the book included for you to try out as in all of the Culinary Competition Series books.

I thoroughly enjoyed this cozy mystery. It was fast-paced and fun to read. I gave it 5 stars out of 5.

Thank you to the author who provided a copy of the book in exchange for a fair and honest review. A positive opinion was not required. All thoughts are my own.

To see my complete review, visit Shelf Full of Books http://kathrynsshelffullofbooks.blogspot.com/2015/06/doughnuts-and-deadly-schemes-blog-tour.html

Source: http://kathrynsshelffullofbooks.blogspot.com/2015/06/doughnuts-and-deadly-schemes-blog-tour.html