Shelf Full of Books

Fixed in Blood by T.E. Woods

Detective Mort Grant has broken off his friendship with the only person he trusted with his daughter Allie’s life when she failed to keep Allie safe from being taken back into the hands of the Russian kingpin mobster. Known as The Fixer, she had given up her life of crime and Mort held her secrets by not turning her in. But now he needs her help.

Mort is on a case of brutal slayings in the sex-slave trade – snuff films and someone in the Hollywood industry is involved.

This was a very twisted case with very surprising plot changes that I really didn’t expect. Those are the best kind of plot twists because you expect something to happen one way and the author surprises you totally by going in a completely different direction.

I am glad to see that The Fixer and Mort do get back on working terms again as I thought they made a good team to right some of the wrongs in the world although I don’t agree with the way The Fixer goes about it.

I would have to say that I don’t understand Mort’s daughter Allie and what she is trying to do in terms of the interaction she is trying to have with her nieces. I don’t blame her brother for the way he feels. I think I would feel much the same.

I love how T.E. Woods is able to bring a book to a satisfying conclusion, yet let you know that there is more to come. Though the ending is not a cliff-hanger, I certainly want to know what is going to happen next. We can expect at least one more book in this series

Fixed in Blood is an adult-oriented novel due to its topic and language. I enjoyed it immensely and I’m sure others who enjoy the same genre will too. I gave this book 4 stars out of 5.

Thank you to the publishers via NetGalley for providing a copy in exchange for a fair and honest review. A positive opinion was not required. All thoughts are my own.

To see my complete review, visit Shelf Full of Books http://kathrynsshelffullofbooks.blogspot.com/2015/06/book-review-fixed-in-blood-by-te-woods.html

Source: http://kathrynsshelffullofbooks.blogspot.com/2015/06/book-review-fixed-in-blood-by-te-woods.html