Shelf Full of Books

The Movement of Crowns - Nadine C. Keels The Movement of Rings - Nadine C. Keels The Movement of Kings - Nadine C. Keels

The Movement of Kings by Nadine Keels

The Movement of Kings takes place at least 20 years in the future from the ending of The Movement of Rings. Both King Matthias and Queen Constance have died early deaths and now on the throne sits the queen’s eldest son, barely an adult, King Alexander. Next in line is his very ill younger brother Prince Joshua.

The Movement of Kings shows the emotional turmoil a young man has at all that is thrown at him when he is expected to lead a country while mourning his mother’s death, quell the rising tide of unrest among the colonies and allay the fears of his people regarding the mysterious plague attacking the kingdom that some say is the punishment for the joining of the two realms of Munda and Diachona.

How does a young man deal with all of that when he doesn’t even yet have confidence in himself? This is a coming of age novel where Alexander grows by leaps and bounds not just emotionally, but spiritually as well.

There were a number of twists and turns that took me by surprise. I really enjoyed the way the characters handled them and the outcomes that they brought. They really showed Providence at work.

I did feel a bit as though this novel “told” the story a little more than the other two as opposed to making me feel like a part of it, but the dialogue and scenes of interaction felt very real. I enjoyed the characters from the previous books that were carried over into this one as that brought continuity to this one.

I found myself sorry to see the series end when I turned the last page which I consider to be one of the marks of a good book – leave them wanting just a little bit more – not because of a cliffhanger, but because the reader will miss being part of the character’s lives.

As a reader of fantasy and clean romance, I gave this book a rating of 4 out of 5. I would recommend it along with the other two books in the series.

Thank you to the author for providing the book in exchange for a fair and honest review. A positive opinion was not required. All thoughts are my own.

To see my complete review, visit Shelf Full of Books http://kathrynsshelffullofbooks.blogspot.com/2015/06/book-review-movement-of-kings-by-nadine.html

Source: http://kathrynsshelffullofbooks.blogspot.com/2015/06/book-review-movement-of-kings-by-nadine.html