Shelf Full of Books

Oliver and Jumpy, Stories 4-6 by Werner Stejskal

With three completely different stories, in three different places in the world Oliver and Jumpy will take your child on fun adventures where they will learn lessons that will benefit them for the rest of their lives. Some lessons are purely educational, like camels are often called “ships of the desert”. Other lessons are life lessons such as learning to be sure to “put your priorities in the right order”. Everything is done in a fun and entertaining way.

The pictures are clear, colourful and sometimes funny. But then, so is our elegant cat Oliver. You’ll also learn the British words for soother and diaper as they are used by Oliver.

Oliver also likes to try his hand at poetry so there is usually a poem or two in each of the stories. Sometimes they work out great, sometimes the metre or rhyme is a bit off.

Young children will love the stories which will stir their imaginations and creativity. I’m sure these stories will spur them to thinking of other things that Oliver and Jumpy might get themselves mixed up in. I would highly recommend Oliver and Jumpy, Stories 4-6. I rated this book 5 stars out of 5.

I purchased this book on Amazon.ca

To see my complete review visit Shelf Full of Books http://kathrynsshelffullofbooks.blogspot.com/2015/06/book-review-oliver-and-jumpy-stories-4.html

Source: http://kathrynsshelffullofbooks.blogspot.com/2015/06/book-review-oliver-and-jumpy-stories-4.html