Shelf Full of Books

Speak Now or Forever Hold Your Peace by Becky Monson

Bridgette’s life sounds like a soap opera. In fact, much of her man troubles were mirrored on the soap opera that she and her gram loved to watch together.

Just when Bridgette thinks her boyfriend is going to propose to her, he dumps her. She would do anything to win him back, especially since his parents consider her part of their family.

Bridgette and her friends Ashley and Justin and her gram will have you laughing as you watch them weave their way through the explosive field of heartbreak and love. The author does an excellent job of showing how Bridgette matures and discovers whether Adam really is her one true love or not. It’s easy to relate to her feelings as she tries to sort out how she really feels about Ian and Adam and what to do about it. I was surprised by her choice.

One of the characters I really liked was gram. She certainly is like no grandmother I know of. I found her to be quite hilarious and perhaps a little more risqué than one would expect a grandmother would be, which was partly why she was amusing.

Speak Now or Forever Hold Your Peace was a fun book to read. It was a great light read and made a nice escape from the stress of everyday life. I gave this book 5 stars out of 5.

Thank you to the publisher for providing a copy of this book in exchange for a fair and honest review. A positive opinion was not required. All thoughts are my own.

To see my complete review, visit Shelf Full of Books

Source: http://kathrynsshelffullofbooks.blogspot.com/2015/05/speak-now-or-forever-hold-your-peace_18.html