Shelf Full of Books

Oliver and Jumpy, Stories 1-3 by Werner Stejskal

The Oliver and Jumpy Stories come is sets of three. In the first story Molly the Mole, Oliver is introduced to us as an elegant cat who is a little bit full of himself and tells us of his friend Jumpy who allows him to ride around in his pocket. They make a new friend.

In the second story, Saving Ducky, Jumpy saves a duckling from an eagle, and in story 3, Jumpy’s Secret, Jumpy tells Oliver why he can’t ride in her pouch anymore. He’s very excited.

The stories are perfect for young children. There is no violence, and in fact while Oliver does chase mice, he does not eat birds or mice because he is allergic to them. He always lets them go. To him it is just a game.

The illustrations are bright and cheerful and should be very enticing to children. The stories are interesting and would be perfect as bedtime stories. Depending on the electronic device you are using to read your book you may have pop-up text or audio available. Several of the books are available on YouTube with the author reading the stories as well.

I thought that the stories were very well done and suitable for young children. I would recommend parents to check out these stories. I think you will like them for your children. I gave them 5 stars out of 5.

Thank you to the author for providing the book in exchange for a fair and honest review. A positive opinion was not required. All thoughts are my own.

To view my complete review, visit Shelf Full of Books http://kathrynsshelffullofbooks.blogspot.com/2015/05/book-review-oliver-and-jumpy-stories-1.html

Source: http://kathrynsshelffullofbooks.blogspot.com/2015/05/book-review-oliver-and-jumpy-stories-1.html