Shelf Full of Books

Frankenstink! Garbage Gone Bad

Frankenstink! Garbage Gone Bad is a delightfully amusing story of all the detritus a young boy shoves under his bed and what happens to it when he doesn’t clean it up. If your young child is prone to nightmares and fears of monsters under the bed you may have to remind them that this story is imaginary – and that cleaning up his/her room would be a good precaution.

At first glance, the pictures did look a little frightening (as my 19-year-old pointed out. But when you started to read the story it really wasn’t scary at all. I loved the nice clear font that the author chose for the text and how some of the words were written larger and bolder or illustrated the word. For example the word slithering was written in an up-and-down motion like that of a snake. These things added great interest to the reading of the text.

The drawings were clear and done in a fun comic-book style with lots of details so that with really young children you could play counting games and I-Spy on many of the pages. I also found the glow-in-the-dark cover to be unique. Unfortunately it needed to absorb a lot of light before it did very much glowing.

Frankenstink has a great message about reducing, reusing and recycling, plus keeping our rooms clean, which every mother will appreciate. I highly recommend this children’s hard-cover book.  I gave it 5 stars out of 5.

Thank you to the publishers for providing this book through LibraryThing in exchange for a fair and honest review. A positive opinion was not required. All thoughts are my own.

This review was published on my blog Shelf Full of Books

Source: http://kathrynsshelffullofbooks.blogspot.com/2015/04/book-review-frankenstink-garbage-gone.html