Shelf Full of Books

The Collin's Case (Heartfelt Cases Bk 1) by Julie Gilbert

Special Agent Julie Ann Davidson unofficially takes part in the case of her kidnapped friend Rachel Collins and her two children while also being assigned her own case with her partner Special Agent Patrick Duncan. They are looking for some thieves who are using the Internet to take small amounts of money from people's accounts adding up to millions of dollars.

At the same time as Rachel and her two children are kidnapped, her husband Chris disappeared and their house exploded. Then all the money in their bank account is removed.

Fortunately for us as the readers, we get to follow the action from the point of view of not only the agents, but Chris and Rachel Collins.

I liked the fast pace of The Collin's Case. The story flowed well and was easy to follow. Changes in location and viewpoint were clearly marked.

I thought the characters were fairly well developed. It was obvious that Ann and Patrick knew each other well as FBI partners as Patrick brought her the newspaper article about her friend's home exploding and they communicated with each other with facial expressions - "She handed Patrick his gun and gave him a look that said: I’ll explain everything later."

There were lots of twists and turns in The Collin's Case, a few bringing great heartbreak and others happiness. The twists and turns in the plot gave a sense of reality to the story.

One thing I noted that seemed out of place to me was how fast Ann and Patrick became engaged. They went from no relationship other than their FBI partnership, directly to being engaged. That's a whirlwind romance for sure!

I loved how this novel showed God at work in the lives of the people in the story. It didn't make everything always turn out right for people because that's not the way real life is. Bad things happen in our world but even through the pain "there is hope because God's love is perfect."

I greatly enjoyed The Collin's Case. If you enjoy novels of suspense, then I would recommend this book to you. I gave it 5 stars out of 5.

Thank you to the author for providing a copy of this book in exchange for a fair and honest review. A positive opinion was not required. All thoughts are my own.

This review was posted on my blog Shelf Full of Books

Source: http://kathrynsshelffullofbooks.blogspot.com/2015/04/book-review-collins-case-heartfelt.html